J. Walter Thompson Shanghai
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Write & produce branded content for J. Walter Thompson and our clients
2. Pitch content marketing to existing & new clients
3. Develop content themes and ideas, and get hands on in writing + polishing content, including rich media articles, interviews, stories, infographics, gifs, photo posts, dioramas, podcasts, online videos etc
4. For each brand, build an editorial calendar synched up with larger marketing strategies
5. Align with client & agency stakeholders to ensure content ideas are on brand and have concrete business objectives & measurement goals
6. Brief KOL agency & use your own network to source experts, influencers, journalists and other content creators to produce branded content
7. Assist digital director to write strategic rationale behind media partners, KOL selection & content calendar.
8. Follow up with clients to QC content and get it approved before it is pushed live.
9. Work together with our strategic planners to optimize content to meet project KPIs
1. 6+ years of relevant journalism/PR experience, ideally at a media publisher or PR agency.
2. Deep knowledge of China’s digital landscape and how to leverage media partnerships and 3rd party platforms for content distribution
3. Maturity & empathy to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels;
4. Versatile writing style – can create engaging stories around different brands & topics, from mum & baby to wine and cars
5. Experienced at editing and improving stories initiated by other writers
6. A clear and logical communicator, persuasive and confident at public speaking
7. Editorial & project management skills, manage others to produce on time and on budget