Director of Content Marketing
J. Walter Thompson Shanghai
Roles & Responsibilities
1. As editor-in-chief of our content department, you effectively run a newsroom for JWT and our client brands
2. Build our content practice by pitching existing & new clients, and hiring accordingly
3. Lead development of content themes and ideas, but also get hands on involved in writing + polishing content, with a focus on middle-weight, journalistic content (articles, interviews, stories, infographics, podcasts, online videos etc)
4. For each brand, build an editorial calendar synched up with larger marketing strategies
5. Align with client & agency stakeholders which content ideas should be produced
6. Source journalists and other middle weight content producers to produce said content, and QC all content before it goes to client or is pushed live.
7. Lead weekly team meetings to review & brainstorm improvements for each content marketing project
8. Work together with our strategic planners to optimize content to meet project KPI’s
9. Run content audit & workshops for clients to generate new business
10. Develop workflow processes & publish thought leadership articles to establish JWT as a leader in content marketing
1. 10+ years of relevant journalism/PR/social media experience, ideally at a media publication or PR agency.
2. Deep knowledge of China’s digital landscape and how to leverage media partnerships and 3rd party platforms for content distribution
3. Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels;
4. Superior communication skills, including writing, editing and verbal capabilities.
5. Editorial & leadership skills, including managing a team of writers to produce on time and on budget
Please send us your reel and cv for consideration. Thank you!