J. Walter Thompson Singapore
As our (Senior) Copywriter, you will be responsible for the creative work produced for an account or several accounts. You will develop and give presentations to key client contacts on campaigns, collaborate with other discipline colleagues to ensure effective campaign development and execution and assist with business development activities on assigned accounts and/or new accounts.
You will also conceptualise a creative brief and provide the ideas behind a campaign and write copy for the same. You must provide conceptual development and verbal expression of creative concepts on assigned brands and individual projects.
• Understand the message the client is seeking to deliver and translate this into attractive copy
• Write perfect, pleasing copy that will engage the reader
• Understand client specifications to craft copy that is on brand
• Work with an Art Director to devise creative strategies
• Keep copy consistent and identifiable for each client
• Produce creative ideas for innovative campaigns
All successful applicants for roles at J. Walter Thompson need to demonstrate their commitment to our corporate values: Courage, Curiosity, Capability and Collaboration.
At J. Walter Thompson, we believe pioneers can change the world. It’s a belief we’ve held since the day we opened our doors over 150 years ago. We’ve used this pioneering spirit to create never-before-seen solutions for enduring brands and businesses ever since. And you’re a part of this.
Pioneering is an attitude. It’s a way of acting. It’s what sets us apart. A pioneer embodies four traits, and, believe it or not, they all start with the same letter: C^4
CURIOSITY is the ability and the drive to ask questions, challenge assumptions, wonder and explore.
COLLABORATION brings great minds and different solutions together.
COURAGE is the fearlessness it takes to push the status quo, to innovate and to never settle for what’s been done before.
CAPABILITY is how it all gets done. Its imagination, drive, energy and expertise.
When we pioneer, we explore new possibilities. And all others will follow.
In addition to this, candidates must also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Advertising or related field
• Experience in writing strong, succinct and grammatically correct copy
• At least 1 - 3 years' experience in copywriting, showing your flair for writing for brands and audiences
• Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into copy
• Possess an eye for detail and a desire for perfection
• Possess a passion for writing
• Be highly motivated and well organised
• Be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work well in a team
• Ability to conceptualise game-changing campaigns for brands
• Possess a passion for ideas, curiosity in people and ambition to be the best