Senior Data Analyst - for major automative brand
J. Walter Thompson Shanghai
Title: Senior Data Analyst – for major automotive brand
Location: JWT Shanghai
Reports to: Director-in-Charge, Automotive team
The position works with Planners and senior agency team members to help guide JWT Shanghai communications strategy and creative briefs for major automotive brand nameplates and Primary Brand. It also has a pro-active role in identifying any issues and opportunities that merit a specific focus.
Beyond showing a high level of knowledge and proficiency in performing analyses and resolving any technical questions that arise, this position is tasked to identify issues and their causes and opportunities and their potential benefits.
Ultimately, this position is envisaged to become an authoritative source of knowledge and informed viewpoints on statistical analysis, to both agency and client.
· Help create and present agency analyses and points of view to client.
· Oversee analysis of: - tracking studies for Primary Brand and nameplates. - advertising Effectiveness reports. - new Car Buyer Reports. - psychographic Segmentation Reports, as required. - primary research for Primary Brand and nameplates, as required. - secondary research, as required. - brand data, as required. This could include sales, market shares, social listening, registrations. - other market data, as required.
· Target Customer Profiling.
· Identification of issues and opportunities meriting specific attention and ongoing support for these.
· Manage Data Analyst.
· Create and maintain an effective relationship with client research staff and where possible, its research providers.
· Share knowledge of basic principles of statistical analysis to improve understanding of agency and client.
· Refine format and oversee quarterly Deep Dive analyses for tracking studies.
· Develop a format for and oversee analyses for New Car Buyer reports.
· Conduct analyses of Psychographic Segmentation data, as required, to support nameplate strategies and creative briefs.
· Prepare target customer profiles for all nameplates.
· Pro-actively seek out and analyze secondary research on China market, competitors and consumers to update understanding.
· Analyze sales and other data, as required.
· DIC Assignment of tasks, review of work, work in progress status, performance review. Share information regarding the promotions, dealers, competitors etc to input BEAT analyses.
· JWT Shanghai Client Service Team Sourcing of research reports, forwarding of analyses to client, receipt of competitive analyses and strategy decks for background briefing.
· Head of Planning and Planners: Input Nameplate Strategy and Creative Briefs as required.
· Research Manager: Access to the reports and data as required.
· Analyst: Sharing of current and future projects, improved understanding of regional perspectives.
· Other Team: Clarifications on some surveys, as necessary.
Desired skills and experience for senior analyst position are:3+ years experience in data analysis. BA or BS in maths, economics or statistics Strong analytical skills and proficiency in identifying and interpreting trends Sound working knowledge of statistics (including high level knowledge of correlation and regression analysis methodologies) Ability to work with planners to identify strategic implications of analyses Ability to prepare and make effective presentations of analyses to clients Capable of managing junior data analyst Proficient in written and spoken Mandarin and English.